Coming to the UK
Prepare for success - An interactive multimedia learning resource to help students prepare for study at a UK institution, learn about British academic culture and to build language skills.
ImmigrationUK Visas & Immigration
– Home Office website providing advice and assistance on applying for a UK visa from your home country.Home Office
– Home Office website to help you understand UK Immigration control, working regulations and restrictions and how to apply for an extension of your visa from within the UK.
Foreign & Commonwealth Office
– Useful information from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office also provides contact information for UK embassies around the world.
FinanceInternational Student Calculator
- A helpful way to budget and work out how much money you will need to study in the UK.Family Welfare Association
- The Family Welfare Association provides advice on education funding within the UK and provides a helpful online trust fund search facility.XE.com
- Xe.com is a free Internet foreign exchange tool.Student Money
– Student money provides a comprehensive database of scholarships, bursaries and awards that may be available.British Bankers Association
- Information from the British Bankers’ Association on opening a bank account in the UK specifically aimed at International Students.
UK Tax refund guide - Advice on claiming a Tax Refund
– UKCISA is the Council for International Student Affairs providing advice and information to international students studying in the UK. International Students House
- International Students House offers student accommodation 365 days a year and is a social and information centre for students located in one of the safest areas of central London.Education UK
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in studying for a UK course or qualification.
Daily life in the UKUK Student Life
- UK Student Life provides information on studying, working and travelling in the UK as well as an introduction to British culture and life.
Travel within the UKNational Express
- Official website of National Express the UK's largest scheduled coach company running coaches all over the UK.The Trainline
- TheTrainLine allows you to find out times, book tickets and reserve seats for any train operator in mainland UK.Traveline
- journey planning information about all public transport services – buses, coaches, trains, ferries, trams, metro and underground - throughout England, Wales and Scotland.The RAC
– Information from the RAC on car breakdowns, route maps and more.The AA
– Advice and information from the AA on a wide range of motoring related subjects.Megabus
– The Megabus offers cheap bus travel to London. Fares start as low as a £1 plus a 50p booking fee. GoEuro
- a site that helps travellers easily compare and combine all modes of transport to the cities they wish to visit across the UK and overseas.
- How to dial internationally from any country - complete resource on international calling.TV licensing
- Official site advising everything you need to know about obtaining a TV licence for the UK.The Highway Code
- The Highway code is essential reading for everyone. It sets out the rules which apply to all road users, pedestrians and cyclists.The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
– Official government website providing information on driving and vehicle licensing and registration in the UK.HM Customs
– Official website from HM Customs providing information and advice on what you can bring in and out of the UK.
Wales Tourist Board – Official site from the Welsh Tourist Board giving information on Wales as well as providing details on places to visit and see.
BBC Wales - English-language homepage featuring Welsh news, sport, music, TV, radio, education and more from all around Wales.BBC Wales News
- Up to date news and information relating to Wales from the BBC.